Blue Island borders the city of Chicago and shares its northern border with Morgan Park. The location of Blue Island Village is beautiful and has allowed the work of at least a few writers over the years. It is also home to the Blue Island Sun - Standard, founded by former Chicago Tribune columnist and current Chicago Daily News columnist Don DeLuca, as well as a number of other local newspapers, magazines, newspapers and magazines. In his article "The Young Community" in the Chicago Journal-Tribune, the writer Alfred E. "Alfred" R. Drexel Jr., a resident of the village, made the following observation about the appearance of this young community:
Throughout its long history, the built environment of Blue Island has featured a wide range of architectural styles and eras. Some of these houses are on the National Register of Historic Places and are home to the Chicago Horticultural Society, a horticultural society in the early 20th century. Later it was renamed the Chicago Horticulture Society and now operates the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe, Illinois.
For personal visits, our team can offer a ride to any of the Blue Island locations. The arts scene enriches residents with a variety of events, many of which are sponsored by the Blue Island Arts Alliance. From concerts to shows, we can take you to a variety of local acts while you mingle with your neighbors.
We are located in the heart of Blue Island on the corner of Vermont Street and Main Street and accept a wide range of vehicles to suit your needs. The building was originally on the site of the Three Sisters Antique Mall, where it now stands on Vermont Street.
In later years, the building housed a variety of shops, including a grocery store, a gas station and a liquor store. Today, downtown Blue Island is known for its restaurants, bars, shops, restaurants and restaurants.
The Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad came in 1852 and the city was considered an important regional commercial center. Several belts crossed the southern and western parts of the city, with the Rock Island line building extensive freight stations, shops and roundabouts. It was popular with Southerners who used it as a boarding house and still use it today, as well as with developers who built feeder canals for the Illinois and Michigan canals.
The Blue Island House served as a social centre for the surrounding region until it was destroyed by fire in 1858. The first religious services were held in the town in 1861, although religious gatherings have been held there since its establishment in 1836. It continued to respect the tradition of preserving the communities that had been formed in the first years of the church and accommodating new places of worship that served the needs of the community, as well as the residents and visitors.
In 1844 the building was dismantled, reassembled on Blue Island and sent across the Little Calumet River on a raft. In 1855 Rock Island pivoted its lines away from the river and built its depot near the hill, but the Portland was forgotten and was inaugurated in 1864 in a ceremony presided over by the 132nd Infantry Commander, who was in World War I. The Blue Island Opera House was built in the late 18th century by William Zacharia Robinson and his wife to replace the Robinson Block, which was destroyed by a large Blue Island fire that year.
At the same time, the name of the post office in Blue Island was changed, and the name of the post office was also changed by Worth to coincide with the township in which it was located.
When Blue Island was incorporated as a village in 1872, the boundaries of the village were included, and the post office was located in what is now Western Avenue Uptown (again more or less), south of Vermont Street. Portland was on land purchased by the federal government, more or less west of Western Street, north of New York Street, and more than half a mile east of Burlington Street; and Portland was in the countryside to the north and south. The post offices were located on a contiguous plot of land and were in the area of the disk, as was the building in which they worked.
The house was built by Carlton Wadhams (1810 - 1891), who came to Blue Island from Goshen, Connecticut in 1839 and farmed land north of the village before opening the American House Hotel (which was not built anymore) in 1844. The charter, adopted by the State of Illinois on March 7, 1867, was the first charter of a village in Illinois since the incorporation of Chicago, Illinois, on July 1, 1870. Waddell made his first fortune in the hotel, staying there until about 1869, when he sold his possessions and moved to South Bend, Indiana.